In the last year or so, the only place to get snarky commentary and in-jokes mixed with coin show play-by-play and odd bits of original research on early American numismatics has been directly from my mouth (or from CRO’s Road Report). Why let those guys have all the fun, or force people to actually come visit me to get a stream-of-consciousness sampling of the random numismatic-related thoughts that pop into my head? How decidedly 20th century. Thus, it is time to relaunch the Kraljeblog.
In its last manifestation, the Kraljeblog was little more than a format for occasional (I know, I know, very occasional) coin show updates. However, thanks to the blessings (pronounced kɜːs) of social media and Blackberries and whatnot, I can now bore my friends, colleagues, and customers with completely off-the-cuff and ill-considered commentary with enough frequency that even the most insistent reloader will be sated. To go along with such notions of progress (pronounced əˈpɒkəlɪps), John Kraljevich Americana will now have its own Twitter account (God save us all) at @jkamericana and a John Kraljevich Americana Facebook page too.
I have no idea what hashmarks (#) do on Twitter, except I’m pretty sure that if you hit #pistareen in a year, you’re not going to have too many others aside from me popping up.
Unlike my personal page, where you pretty much have to have shared a meal with me or know an incriminating story or two to be accepted as a friend, the John Kraljevich Americana Facebook page is open to everyone – if you dig early American numismatics, history, medallic art, or are just an ex-girlfriend who can’t find me any other way, feel free to join up. I’m told that it’s good marketing. Then again, sometimes bold marketing plans go awry.
So what’s new in the Kraljeblogosphere? Well, a new website, as you can see. My photography skill has now graduated to the approximate mastery level of a 2nd grader; by year’s end , it may even graduate from elementary school. My interests remain the same: selling cool old stuff, focusing on the 18th century, and occasionally making deadbeats who don’t buy anything chortle on the blog even though I don’t owe them a thing. Full disclosure: those of you who know me know I’d probably rather make you chortle than sell you something. That stated, when I call my landlord on the 5th of the month and try to make an extended chortling session pass for rent, it usually doesn’t end well. So I will attempt to weave the commercial and the educational/entertaining together as best I can.
So the Kraljeblog is back. And if something interesting happens between now and my next coin show, I’ll be sure to let you know.

